The Process of Calling a Foul / Misc.
The Process of "Calling" a Foul / Misc
- Recognize that a foul / misconduct was committed. (Did a player fall? Did a hand contact the ball?)
- BLOW THE WHISTLE!
- Determine the nature of the foul / misconduct. (Push, trip, handball, obstruction, dangerous play, unsporting behavior, violent conduct, serious foul play)
- Determine the location of the foul. (Inside / outside the penalty area)
- Determine who committed the foul. (Attacker / defender, player jersey number)
- Determine the severity of the foul. (Careless, reckless, or violent)
- Indicate the direction of the restart.
- Determine the type of restart. (Direct / indirect, know the restarts, is a card involved?)
- Move into your position for the restart.
- Use correct arm signal.
- If necessary, blow the whistle!
Last updated 1.29.2022